Tuesday 20 January 2009

Obama's Challenge

It's notable too that today Obama will take the oath of office on President Abraham Lincoln's inaugural Bible on the steps of the Capitol building. He has evoked the spirit of the assassinated civil rights leader Martin Luther King, calling on Americans to dedicate themselves to public service to help the many people facing hardship. I am interested in how he handles making the government more open. His first challenge however will be tackle the current financial crisis.

I was tempted to write my own version of Martin Luther Kings speech "I Have A Dream" - but one, I don't think I could follow up a powerful speech such as this, and two, I think I had better find some interest in the idea first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to leave a comment here but if you wish to discuss the post with others then please go to the Beyond One World forum. If you wish to join in then see I am interested - What can I do?.