Saturday 3 January 2009

This is your world - What are you going to do with it?

Hello Dear Reader.

You have unwittingly stumbled onto a page that gives you great responsibility.

As you know this is a beautiful world full of great and good people everywhere - but for some reason or another at this moment in time has so many overwhelming problems.
Unfortunately there is no around who wants to take the full responsibility for it. Some who have put themselves forward recently have failed - mainly because they could not be trusted or their intentions were seen as a little suspect.

So we have all decided that whoever stumbles onto this page MUST take charge.

You are now in charge of the world!!!

For as long as you are here you have complete control to change anything in the world and take full responsibility for it. Please be careful with what choices you make as this obviously has an impact on every soul resident upon it.

There are no rules as to what you can change and how you do it.

But please remember every action you take - or non-action if you are undecisive - will impact the world from this moment forward.

We would all ask however that you make your decisions according to the very best ideals that you can attain to. That your decisions are positive and at the very least will help those less fortunate than yourself. Hose for example who have no power to be able to do what you are doing now.

What are the highest and most positive ideals you can use by which to make your decisions? What issues are important to you?

Please be aware - All of our lives and our futures are in your hands.


These are the most important decisions you can ever make.


Please do not be hasty and rush into decisions we will all regret, but also please do not sit back and do nothing as there are problems in the world that are growing exponentially and something needs to be done quickly. Sitting back and doing nothing has already been tried and tests have shown that this indeed does not return positive results.

Also most importantly, please do not relinquish this opportunity to make the world a better place. If you abandon this post then who can we rely on? Who can we turn to?

To help you focus your priorities in these crucial moments we have put together some information on the problems affecting the world today. These can be found at The Problems Of The World Today Centre. Please understand that this information is very sketchy as we have not had time in our schedules to bother much with it - but promise that we will be developing it in the near future to aid you better.

Please place all your decisions as soon as they are made in our Beyond One World discussion group in the topic entitled If I ruled the world I would .... Others who have a stake in the running of the world will then act out your desires and respond to them.

If you have questions about your new role and responsibilities - and I am sure you will then please post them in the Beyond One World discussion group and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

Good luck with you new assignment.

If the responsibility is too much for you and you need to pass it on to others as possible then please feel free to contact them to let them know of the vacant position we have. It needs to be filled - for all our sakes.

If you rise to the challenge then good luck in your role - The power is all yours.

In fact - It always has been...

2 comments:

  1. Of coruse , getting people to agree and impliment what ever thoughts you or we could come up with is very liek a pipe dream. Frankly, and forgive me for being a bit of a fatilist, but i dont believe any worthwhile change is in our hands.

    this fear wont stop me from having a voice, or seeing what i can do.

    Some of my ideas are to use the internet for a public votiing and debate system. Yet humans tend to stagnate themselves upon the debateing. I also belive people should vote all laws that affect them directly, and said laws should be re-voted upon after a trial period, before becomming hard law.


    I wonder about things like grow your own food, no more mass killing factories. I think one child per family should bring the world population down by half.

    I belive in comunity government, and that people should be able to move to places that suit their ideologies or they may choose to live outside society and off the land.

    I belive in a person's right to live according to his ideals. Let the AMish stay amish, let the chinese have their culture and so forth. The world governeing body ought to be more of a guide to protect human rights. But then I personally cannot CURE human greed and evil.

    Greed and Evil are why we are in this mess. Parts of me think the ship is sunk, i pray the survivers will be more wise.

    As for what is left of my world, my home my family, my spiritaulity, these i shall take hold on and cherish as long as i still have the enjoyment of them.

    but who knows, i posted here because of that slim hope, that humanity could pull salvation out of their assess like we do on TV.

    Justine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justine,
    Thank you for posting here - I only just noticed it so my apologies for not answering sooner.

    I do believe that everyone is capable of changing the world in a worthwhile and positive way - even if it is only one six billionth of the whole possibility.

    I agree with your ideas of the internet being used for public voting and discussion - it is in our whole history our first global forum and a fantastic opportunity. The problems of stagnation concern me too - I hope to find better minds to challenge how any of this can be made efficient and effective.

    Maybe there is no such thing as a hard law - as our understanding grows we will probably come up with more effective ways to ensure each others rights and safety. But certainly everyone being involved in determining what any laws should be.

    I tried the grow your own food thing in a small but disasterous way, nature got the upper hand - never mind - I hope to try again sometime in the future. I think however that we do need to carefully mass produce food just to sustain us but disagree with many methods that harm the ecology and the locals peoples rights.

    With population I have often thought that we should make sure any family wishing children should really be allowed to if they take a degree in bringing up children. I know from experience I never really got it right, I'm still trying but really wished I had all the tools, knowledge and experience to give my children every opportunity to learn, grow and experience life to the best of their abilities. I keep using the term 'To Be All That They Can Be', which is essentially really my wish for any of those that I love and care for.

    I believe also that people should have as much practical freedom as possible to follow where they live, their idealogies and the choice of lifestyle. Maybe the community government you mention will exist in a virtual sense - totally distributed but equally applicable to anyone choosing that life style wherever they are.

    I love the different cultures that exist now - I do see them disappearing and it is a shame sometimes. I do see that the increase in communication between cultures however is a good thing - even though it means it is all getting mixed up.

    The governing body you mention being a guide I think should be much much more - it should protect immediately the rights of all those that it supports equally and that we should all equally have the power to change or develop it. We are so lucky in the UK with the idea of 'free healthcare for all' for example and I readily accept it as a right. It is a shame however to see this being abused and eroded over the years - something that if everyone subscribed to must be upheld by the world governing body.

    I agree you cannot personally CURE greed and evil, but it does need the effort of understanding why it exists and how it manifests itself. Mostly it is due to fear I believe at the moment. I hope that we can learn to understand it all and remove these painful reactions totally - they do seem to be either self defeating or just fear for survival.

    Here's to your world, your home, your family and your spirituality - Hopefully it can all be the best that you can make of it and much more with the help of others.

    Like on tv...
    I hope too the film has a happy ending with many sequels to follow...

    ReplyDelete

You are free to leave a comment here but if you wish to discuss the post with others then please go to the Beyond One World forum. If you wish to join in then see I am interested - What can I do?.