Thursday 23 July 2009

Fear ... of the unseen

My mind has been set on bring pages together on the site but at the back of my mind lurks a fear that is always there. It is something that nags at me every time I work on this idea.
Nobody has yet followed it. All this is very much unseen and I haven't had any feedback. I have exposed quite a bit about myself in putting the idea together, things that I generally keep to myself. However, I found I have revealed that childish side of me that believes in good and big things. I look back on some of those posts and cringe, asking myself why did I say that, or isn't that too much information. Another part of me is opened with a typically childish trait, asking myself why doesn't anybody understand what I am saying - I do empathise with children learning language, it must be the most frustrating skill to master. The cynic in me criticises all the time over my waffling and inability to make points sound interesting.
I started this whole thing off last October and I still feel now as I did in my first post. The excitement of what the idea is all about with the trepidation of what it will turn out like and the response of others. Always knowing myself that to some degree this must be the same for many others out there when they blog.
I must rid these nagging doubts once and for all. After putting the main site together I must go out and find out what others think. It is much better after all to have people at least debating, even criticising you, so that you can reform and correct something, rather than silence as you journey into nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to leave a comment here but if you wish to discuss the post with others then please go to the Beyond One World forum. If you wish to join in then see I am interested - What can I do?.