Wednesday 1 July 2009

Hurry, Get your FREE share in this website...

... join in and take an equal share of the results.

OK, a bit tongue in cheek but it is perfectly accurate to state it. I do not wish to own this site, I believe firmly in the idea but I only want to be an equal partner in it with everyone else who has the pioneering spirit to get it to evolve. My imaginations here in this blog may be far off from how it all develops, but with that I will feel satisified, as long as it remains on the first principles and has at its core our most aspirational and positive intentions. So it is really a fact that everyone who joins will take an equal share in it.

Looking back over my past attempts, from open outsourcing and the open company specification, even open SEO at one point, I can see how they were all heading in this direction. However, I must be one of the worst entrepreneurs that ever lived, I wanted to do everything mostly for free and got easily distracted by new ideas and technologies and never concentrated on the bottom line. It would be really entertaining for me to enter something like Dragon's Den or Sir Alan Sugar's The Apprentice, funnily enough I have all the skills to project manage and present but when it comes to concentration on the one thing I think I would be a disaster. So, taken from this, all my previous attempts have failed, they weren't quite what I was trying to achieve.

But believe me, this is!
This is it! I believe in this idea 100% and I know it can work.
It's just that I haven't quite got the to final message yet.

When I do I know it is only a case of getting the first methods in place. As it is fully based on people collaborating then at the moment I see a social site is needed. My thinking right now is using Elgg, an open source package that looks like it has all the basics of both a social and educational site. Coupled with ideas of connecting in dotProject (an old favourite) for managing the tasks and phpBB3 for forum discussion.

Why another Social Site - other than the idea itself why would anyone want to register?
Well - there will definately be no advertisements.
I cannot see how ads could possibly exist on this site and stay true to the fundamental idea. I certainly considered it some months ago but realised that it could later be in conflict with the true purpose. I do not want to spend the time putting ad blocks all over the place either, I want to concentrate whatever time I have here on getting it moving. Back to the choice of open source, I think they are the right choices, I would certainly be interested in other opinions on this, though ultimately I think it will need its own package, either on Sourceforge.net or using one here. The one advantage at the moment is that I am skilled enough at least to get them on site and integrated, so it is only a matter of choosing the right ones.

So
No Ads
- Ever!!!

Let's see if that one remains, others may think differently, I won't have the final say later so it will be interesting to see how that goes. I can see already that I have decimated whatever share price there was already - Oh well...A tenth of nothing quite paradoxically equals nothing.

Another thing before leaving, I envision this site to become something else too, not a web site, maybe because of the sharing and processing needed and the principles involved then a mix of P2P and BOINC (e.g. SETI@home etc) will allow the functionality and storage to be completely distributed - into the cloud...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to leave a comment here but if you wish to discuss the post with others then please go to the Beyond One World forum. If you wish to join in then see I am interested - What can I do?.