Monday 13 July 2009

A new wave of collaboration coming - Google Wave

Just a brief blog today as I have spent a little too much of my spare time looking at Google Wave. Just at the time when I am working to pull away from Google's Apps, I find I am tempted back in by the ideas and creations of its developers and dreamers. I think Google Wave will become a natural part of information sharing on the Internet, I know that is probably a big statement for a new, as yet, unreleased product, but I feel it ties in nicely with how people want to work efficiently together. I had better keep an eye on how this develops...

At the moment, I have split up the tasks and roles of what I currently recognise in BeyondOneWorld into different open source applications. I hope I can sow them together seamlessly enough when I launch them though - I have Forums( phpBB3), Wiki (MediaWiki), Social Web (Elgg) and Task Management (DotProject). All are ready and working in their near default states and I will pull the domain back onto them later and relaunch the site.

Maybe I will get more than 1 or 2 visitors this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to leave a comment here but if you wish to discuss the post with others then please go to the Beyond One World forum. If you wish to join in then see I am interested - What can I do?.