Wednesday 15 October 2008

Google Identity Crisis - The ID

I am having a real problem with my identity - nothing schizophrenic and not me personally I know who I am (I think?) but in my different roles in creating this site on Google Apps. I find I have created Email accounts, Sites accounts and Google Accounts amongst others in creating this. It does highlight that we have an identity but often need different roles within that identity and in managing this on the Internet becomes an immense problem.

I wonder what the answer will finally be to an individuals identity - how will they be correctly recognised. This area is very important to the Beyond One World idea to ensure that equality is upheld you must recognise the individual and their capacity. The matter of ID will become an important part.

I am aware of the OpenID project and this is something I must catch up with soon. Ideally an open system such as this will become the cornerstone of recognising the individual. I love their description of the project:-

An open and decentralized identity system, designed "not to crumble if one company turns evil or goes out of business".


Follows the theme of this idea quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to leave a comment here but if you wish to discuss the post with others then please go to the Beyond One World forum. If you wish to join in then see I am interested - What can I do?.