Friday 17 October 2008

Why No More Copyright?

I was tempted to add this thinking into the main site but as I may be in a minority with this then I should at least voice my opinions here and not jeopardise the main idea.

I always viewed copyright of media as a self defeating obstacle to progress, many things cannot be done efficiently and creatively because of this limitation. There was always the argument of protecting the owner of the idea or product, but I regard that as selfish desire, the owner of the item could not have produced it without the help and effort of millions of people to support them at the stage of creation. Why take that away? Why restrict the millions that follow you and could waste less time without having these restrictions. Nowadays, there are industries that gain substantially more than billions, unfairly, from the rest of the world by the use of this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to leave a comment here but if you wish to discuss the post with others then please go to the Beyond One World forum. If you wish to join in then see I am interested - What can I do?.